Raleigh, North Carolina
We are grateful for the generous support of our Ring family in keeping this website and our monthly electronic newsletter available for all Triangle magicians and fans!
New Horizons Fellowship
Jon & Kelly Ferrante
The Magic Corner
Hubba Bubba the Clown
The Magic of Wayne Anderson
Life is Magic
The Encouraging Magic of Tony Thomas
Mahesh & Rohan Purandare
Magic Youth Raleigh
Roger "Skip" Way
Happy Dan the Magic Man
2018 RING #199 OFFICERS
"Awesome Charles" Nichols
TERRITORIAL VICE PRESIDENT/
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT
TO TELL US HOW
WE ARE DOING.
THE MAGICIAN'S OATH
“I am a Magician. I strive to elevate the code, ethics, and rituals of the magical arts and its guilds. I promise never to reveal the trade secret to any illusion through intent, negligence, or lack of preparation. I will respect and defend the creative and intellectual property rights of my peers. I refuse to support the unauthorized and unethical copy, manufacture, use, or sale of materials, ideas, secrets, and presentations of my peers. I will treat my fellow magicians with the respect, encouragement, and fellowship I appreciate from them. I am a Magician.”
I.B.M./S.A.M CODE OF ETHICS
All members of the International Brotherhood of Magicians and the Society of American Magicians agree to:
1) Oppose the willful exposure to the public of any principles of the Art of Magic, or the methods employed in any magic effect or illusion.
2) Display ethical behavior in the presentation of magic to the public and in our conduct as magicians, including not interfering with or jeopardizing the performance of another magician either through personal intervention or the unauthorized use of another's creation.
3) Recognize and respect for rights of the creators, inventors, authors, and owners of magic concepts, presentations, effects and literature, and their rights to have exclusive use of, or to grant permission for the use by others of such creations.
4) Discourage false or misleading statements in the advertising of effects, and literature, merchandise or actions pertaining to the magical arts.
5) Discourage advertisement in magic publications for any magical apparatus, effect, literature or other materials for which the advertiser does not have commercial rights.
6) Promote the humane treatment and care of livestock used in magical performances.
SHARING THE ART OF MAGIC.